Input is new knowledge you take in,or the act of doing so. You are exposed to input through reading or hearing. In definition, input must entail comprehension of its meaning. If you listen to a foreign language which you do not understand at all, that is not input.
Examples of Input
Now, take a look at possible sources of input.
- to read a textbook
- to learn by heart vocabulary with flashcards or vocabulary sheets
- to watch a film and a TV program
- to listen to a radio program or a podcast
- to read a fiction, non-fiction, newspaper and magazine (which are not intended to teach a language)
- to go abroad to hear the locals speak the language
- to read a foreign language text in your country
- to search the Internet for an article and a video